Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Singing Songwriting Biography/Profile

Singing for me is therapy for the soul. I don't think I've ever felt the same type of artistic self release from anything as profoundly as I do when I sing.

I have been singing ever since I can remember and in high school (12th grade) I decided to take singing lessons. When I joined I met some girls and we worked together to form a group. That was over a decade ago andI am still friends with those girls and we try to sing together still whenever we can.

I definitely don't shine as bright in the songwriting. The earliest memory of songwriting I have is back when I was nine or ten and I wrote a song about going to the beach and taught my brother and sister to perform it with me for my parents =P

Currently I need a lot of motivation to song write. I don't write anything out unless I have something I have to write about or if I'm working with my partner in crime on a specific song. I will admit that it usually ends up being his words being executed by my voice.

As my partner in crime is currently in school for music production and audio engineering I suspect that there will be various projects in the up comming year.

No comments: